[PacMasterUpdate] February 16, 2003 Update

pacmasterupdate-admin at PacificMasters.org Mon Feb 17 01:18:35 EST 2003

PACIFIC MASTERS MONTHLY MEETING
The regular monthly meeting of Pacific Masters will be Wednesday
February 19th, 2003 7:30 PM It will be at the Oak Hill Park
Directions are on the home page
	http://www.pacificmasters.org/index.shtml
The minutes of the January meeting are posted:
	http://www.pacificmasters.org/admin/minutes/index.shtml

SERVICE AWARDS
Every year Pacific Masters recognizes its standout volunteers in the
service awards, Contributor of the Year, Distinguished Service,
Personal Achievement and Appreciation. Information about the awards
are in the January-February Newsletter
	http://www.pacificmasters.org/newsltr/index.shtml
Nominations are due by February 19th and should either be sent to
	Michael Moore
	350 Wayland
	San Francisco, CA 94134
or email at chairman at pacificmasters.org

or hand delivered to the Pacific Masters monthly meeting February 19th 2003.

UPCOMING MEETS:
PMS INDOOR RELAYS.
The San Mateo Marlin Masters Pac Masters Indoor Relay will be Sunday
February 23rd at the Oceana Pool in Pacifica, California. This meet
is deck entry only. Now is the time to get your team together to plan
to enter the meet.
	http://www.pacificmasters.org/comp/03smmmscy.html
The meet is this coming Sunday.

DONT WASTE YOUR BASE
Tamalpias has its" Dont Waste Your Base" 1650 postal swim. If you
competed in the Mile Swim, you can take your 1650 time to compete in
this annual event.
	http://www.pacificmasters.org/comp/03tamscy.pdf
Only two more weeks to swim the event.

RINCONADA MEET
The Rinconda meet (March 8th)  has been moved from Rinconada Swimming
pool to the pool at Menlo Atherton High School.
	http://www.pacificmasters.org/comp/03rincscy.html

SHORT COURSE NATIONALS
The on-line application for the USMS Short Course Nationals should be
ready by the end of this week.

STREAMLINES FROM THE NATIONAL OFFICE
Streamlines, a US Masters on-line magazine, is available. Streamlines
is written primarily  for the running of the organization.  But
everyone is welcome to read it.
	 http://www.usms.org/admin/nycu.shtml

MARCH-APRIL NEWSLETTER
The Pacific Masters Swimming March April Newsletter is posted on the
web site. This issue include meet sheets for the meets through the
beginning of June.
	http://www.pacificmasters.org/newsltr/index.shtml

BECOME A MEET OFFICIAL
There will be clinics for new meet officials at the following places:
Clinic #3 - Sonora, California
     This clinic will take place at Stuft Pizza on Thursday February
20, 2003.  It will be held from 6:30 - 8:30 PM.  This is in East
Sonora 108 a couple of miles from downtown.  I will get better
directions soon and let everyone know.  If you need any further help,
contact:  Lin Freer at <leaf at sonora-area.org>

Clinic #4 - Redding, California
     This clinic will take place on Saturday March 15, 2003.  It will
be held at Shasta College and probably will start at 9:00 AM.  I will
have more information on this clinic soon.  If you need any further
help, contact: Pat Roche at <proche at sbcglobal.net>
====
UPDATE ON DORE SCHWAB
Nancy Ridout reports:"I saw Dore this Saturdy morning and he looked a
whole lot better than I had expected.  He tires very easily, which
upsets him, and needs to rest often.  His right hand is weak and not
performing the skills it used to.  His speech is a bit slurred but he
is very easy to understand.   He said he shuffles with the walker and
doesn't really walk.

"His seemed pretty upbeat!    I think he's surprised at all the
concern we have shown.  Keep them coming; they mean a lot to him.

"He is at Smith Ranch Road Care Center.  He will be there for 3
weeks.  I told him several times how so many people are pulling for
him, sending their best wishes and prayers, and are so concerned
about his current condition.  When I asked him if he believed in the
power of prayer and was open to positive thoughts, his response was
that he would do his best and not let anybody down.  It wasn't the
answer I had hoped for but whatever it takes I guess.  It does point
out that our support really means a lot to him and his recovery.

"His mind is clear and sharp and he is obviously frustrated at the
turn of events but you all are giving him the support he needs to get
back on his feet.  He is very thankful for that and mentioned it
several times."
==

have a good week

michael