[PacMasterUpdate] Pacific Masters Update, August 4, 2004

pacmasterupdate at PacificMasters.org Thu Aug 5 01:16:32 EDT 2004

UPCOMING MEETS
24th ANNUAL DONNER LAKE SWIM
The 24th Annual Donner Lake Open Water Swim will be on Sunday, August
8th, 2004. The open water swim is a straight point to point swim 2.7
mile swim. The pre entry deadline is August 3rd - meet entries must
be received by then.

2X1 OPEN WATER RELAY SWIM
The Manatee Masters 2X1 Open Water swim will take place this year at
Quarry Lakes, Fremont, California. Preentry dead line is postmarked
by Friday July 30th.

Information on both events is in the July August newsletter:
	http://www.pacificmasters.org/newsltr/index.shtml

---------
2004 USA SWIMMING CONOCO PHILLIPS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE AT STANFORD

The 2004 USA Swimming ConocoPhillips National Championships will be
held at Stanford University's Avery Aquatic Center, August 3-7th,
2004. Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics, Stanford Masters and Pacific
Swimming are proud to bring the National Championships to Northern
California for the first time in over twenty years. Get your tickets
to be inspired by the exciting competition and to welcome the elite
athletes and coaches to our swimming community. Tickets can be
purchased at 1-800-STANFORD. Tickets for Prelims are $3-Youth/Senior
and $5-Adult. Tickets for Finals are $6-Youth/Senior and $8-Adult.
All Sessions passes are also available for the meet. For more
information visit
	http://www.2004swimnationals.org

This is really a chance to see great swimming in Northern California.
If you have a few extra dollars, buy a pass and see trials and
finals. If you cant make it for trials, take off a few minutes early
and see finals.

---------FOLSOM OPEN WATER SWIM CANCELLED
Rocklin Masters regrets to announce that the 2004 Folsom Lake Open
Water Swim has been canceled. Unfortunately, the low water levels
create unsafe conditions and make course access extremely difficult.
We appreciate the attendance over the past three years and understand
that this is an important part of the open water swim season for many
PMS swimmers. However, the low water levels make the swim much too
risky. We look forward to higher water levels next year (think snow!)
and hope to see you at the 2005 event.
    Terri Maginnis
    RAMS OW Swim Race Director
**********

RESULTS
All the results for the all sanctioned Pacific Masters events have
been posted on the web site. Recently added include the Cruz Cruise,
Pier to Pier and Santa Cruz Rough Water SwimWater Swims.
	http://www.pacificmasters.org/comp/results.shtml

Congruatulations to Joel Wilson and the Santa Cruz gang who
successfully moved the swim when there was a problem with the ocean
water - high bacteria count.
	http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/archive/2004/August/01/sport/stories/03sport.htm

*********
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE
How to unsubscribe reply to PacMasterUpdate at PacificMasters.org. We
have a volunteer who has been taking care of people who unsubscribe
by emailing the above address. If  you sent a request to unsubscribe,
it will get done. (be sure to put in the subject line "UNSUBSCRIBE")
--------

Have a good week

michael
--