[PacMasterUpdate] Pacific Masters Update December 22, 2004

pacmasterupdate at PacificMasters.org Thu Dec 23 11:08:03 EST 2004

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY NEW YEAR HAPPY CHANUKAH
On behalf of the Nancy Ridout, Registrar, Barbara Thomas, Barry
Fasbender, Joan Alexander, Clarine Anderson, William Grohe, and the
Pacific Masters Committee, we would like to wish you a very Merry
Christmas, Happy Chanukah and a Happy New Year.

We hope that all your wishes for the new year and holiday season come
true. We also hope to see you in the pool. May all of you have a
prosperous and joyous 2005.

RESULTS FROM THE RENO WINNERS MEET
The results from the 2004 Reno Winners meet have been posted. Thanks
to Gwen Shonkwiler and the Sierra Nevada Masters for putting on the
meet.

WEB PAGE IN HOLIDAY FINERY - 2005 SCHEDULE POSTED
The Pacific Masters web page is in its Holiday finery. There should
be no changes until after the new year. The 2005 schedule is posted
on the web site. We hope that you will consider swimming in the
competive events during 2005. Some of you may wish to start working
for the XI FINA Masters World Championships which will take place at
Stanford in 2006 (expect to hear a lot about the championships during
the next 20 months.
======
INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION
2005 is almost here. You can now re-register for the 2005 year.
	http://pacificmasters.org/admin/application.shtml
Part of your registration fee pays for Pacific Masters Swimming so we
can provide services to you. Services that include, competitive
swimming program, secondary insurance for your club, the Pacific
Masters web site and the newsletter. Join early!!

Your registration also pays for the magazine from USMS on swimming.

MAGAZINE FOR MEMBERS
There has been misleading and confusing information regarding the
magazine.  As a benefit of membership, you will continue to receive a
magazine, it just won't be SWIM Magazine. The leadership of USMS,
after considered investigation, discussion, and evaluation, has
decided to publish its own magazine which will be called USMS Swimmer
and will be sent to each member on a bi-monthly basis, just as you
receive currently. The PMS Newsletter will continue to be inserted
into the magazine for your convenience.  USMS is confident that you
will enjoy this new publication and use it to enhance your swimming
knowledge and awareness.
=========
PACIFIC SWIMMING
If you are a non-athlete member of US Swimming (to be a coach,
official or marshal), it is time to reregister with them.
	http://www.pacswim.org/05nonathletemembform.pdf

PACIFIC SWIMMING OFFICIALS CLINIC
The annual Pacific officials clinic will be held Saturday, January 8,
at the King Center in Vallejo. More details will be on the Pacific
Swimming web site:
	http://www.pacswim.org/official.htm

COACHES CLINIC
The January Coaches clinic sponsored by NorCal will be in Napa
January 6, 7, 8, and 9. There will be Pacific Masters will have a few
scholarships for coaches who apply (Pacific will pick up part of the
registration fee) More information will be in the next Update. For
further information contact Brian Stack at  stackb at aol.com
	http://www.swimshop.com/norcal/text_1.asp?tx_id=67&

Speakers include Michael Collins, Dave Salo, Mike Bottom, Sean
Hutchinson and many others.

DID YOU MOVE
If you have moved, please let our registrar know. They you will be
sure to receive Swim Magazine, and the Pacific Masters newsletter. It
is simple to let the registrar know that you have moved, just to to
	http://www.pacificmasters.org/admin/members/memberupdate.shtml
and fill out the form. Then your address will be updated.

HOLIDAY GIVING
Pacific Masters AFFILIATE - LANDS END
Lands End is a maker of fine sports apparel for the active person.
Click on the link to Lands' End from the Pacific Masters web site
Lands' End will rebate some of the money of your purchase to Pacific
Masters.
	http://www.pacificmasters.org

USMS AFFILIATE AMAZON
If you use this link
	http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/home/home.html/102-9803845-3389747
or go to the USMS web site and hit the link there, USMS will receive
an affiliate fee. Amazon has a great selection of books and CDs.

michael

I am writing this column on  a flight to London. I will be visiting
my daughter who is a Peace Corps Volunteer teaching English in
Lesotho. I will be in London for a few days before continuing on to
South Africa. I will write about it when I get home.

Well I wrote it on the air plane. I am sending it from South Africa.

michael
--
Michael Moore
XI FINA Masters World Championships