[PacMasterUpdate] Pacific Masters Update, Good Friday

pacmasterupdate at PacificMasters.org Sat Mar 26 12:28:22 EST 2005

DATES ANNOUNCED FOR XI FINA WORLD MASTERS CHAMPIONSHIPS
Dates and Schedule of Events Announced
for 2006 FINA World Masters Championships at Stanford

Dates Approved by International Swimming Federation (FINA) at meeting
in Shanghai

PALO ALTO, CA., March 18, 2005 ---- The schedule for the 2006 XI FINA
World Masters Championships has been approved by FINA. The meet will
begin Friday,  August 4, 2006 with swimming and water polo and
conclude Thursday, August 17, 2006 with synchronized swimming.
Opening Ceremonies will take place on Thursday,  August 3, 2006. More
than 8,000 world-class adult athletes, ages 25 years and older, from
over 60 countries will converge upon the Bay Area to compete in the
world's largest competitive aquatic meet.

The two-week long aquatic championships, at the Stanford University
Avery Aquatic Center, include competition in swimming, diving, water
polo and synchronized swimming. The open water competition will be
held at Robert Crown Beach on the San Francisco Bay.

FINA, based in Lausanne, Switzerland, approved the suggested meet
schedule at its last Bureau meeting in Shanghai, China, on March 3-5,
2005.

Competitors may enter the meet on the www.2006finamasters.org web
site, beginning January 1st, 2006. Information about hotels, airlines
and touring activities will be posted on the web site on August 1st,
2005.

More information (including event schedule and qualifying times) may
be found on the XI FINA World Masters Championships.
	http://www.2006finamasters.org

=======
Help needed for the XI FINA Masters Championships

If you are able to speak, read and write another language and would
like to help answer questions about the  XI FINA Masters World
Championships from swimmers from other countries, please contact
Michael at
	mailto://michael@2006finamasters.org

A person familiar with Japanese could help us a lot.

thank you

==========
Oppps
BAD SCHEDULING

When we scheduled the Starts and Turns Clinic for March 27, no one
checked the calendar to see if there was anything else scheduled. No
one noticed that it is Easter.

So the Starts and Turns Clinic scheduled for this Sunday has been
postponed. The new date is Saturday April 23 from 11 am to 12:30 pm.
USMS Coach of the Year Scott Williams of the Olympic Club will host a
clinic to prepare competitors for the upcoming
short course Pacific Championships in April.

The focus will be on  starts and turns in the Olympic Club's new
indoor facility.

Space is limited to 50 participants.

Clinic Date:  Saturday, April 23
Time:  11:00 am to 12:30 pm
Location:  The Olympic Club, 665 Sutter Street, San Francisco
Cost: $25

Make checks payable to Pacific Masters, and send check with;
- a signed Pacific Masters meet registration and
- a copy of  current USMS registration to:

Leianne Crittenden
1 Indian Gulch Rd.
Piedmont, CA  94611

For more information, please contact Leianne at (650)506-3933 or by
email at <mailto:LeianneC at aol.com>LeianneC at aol.com

Thanks to Scott Williams and the Olympic Club for putting this on.
------
STROKE CLINIC IN DAVIS
Davis Aquatic Masters has 20 openings for each of the 4 spring stroke
clinics in Davis. Dates and strokes are: Sat. May 14 Free, Sun. May
15 Back, Sun. June 5 Fly, Sat. June 11 Breast. Clinics begin at 1pm
and last approx. 90min. Each clinic covers drills and turns for that
stroke. DAM coaches will give individual attention and demonstrate
drills. Cost is $10 per clinic. Clinics are geared more towards
fitness swimmers. Civic pool in Davis is at the corner of B St. and
5th. Send checks made out to DAM to Rick Powers, 911 Pennsylvania
Place #14, Davis,CA 95616. Email Coach Rick at
<mailto:rpswimmer at hotmail.com>rpswimmer at hotmail.com for more info and
to reserve a spot.

>-----
>CHANGE TO PAC MASTERS RULES
>The Pacific Masters Swimming Committee approved the addition of the
>following policy to the Meet Operations Handbook:
>
>All entries must include an entry time. No Time (NT) entries will be
>assigned an estimated time. If a swimmer enters an event with a time
>significantly slower than the swimmer's historical times without
>prior consultation with and getting the approval of the meet
>director, the meet director may change the entered time to a
>realistic time.

COACH NEEDED TEMESCAL MASTERS

>The Temescal Aquatic Masters are currently in the market for a
>Mon-Wed-Fri 6-7am coach.  All workouts are held at the newly
>renovated Temescal Pool in Oakland on 45th Street.  The pool is 33 &
>1/3 yards long, sharing it's uniqueness with it's diverse and
>energetic team members. In turn, we are looking for a coach willing
>to share his/her uncommon talents in ability to communicate stroke
>technique and provide challenging workouts.  Please contact head
>coach Karin Hurley if you are interested or would like more
>information.
>
><mailto:karin.hurley at gmail.com>karin.hurley at gmail.com
>(510)333-1415 (cell, anytime)
>(510)595-1233 (home, between 9A-6P only, please)
  =====

--------
PRELIMINARY HOUR SWIM RESULTS
The preliminary results for the  2005 Hour Swim are out.
	http://www.usms.org/longdist/ldnats05/champs05.php#postal

Congratulations to all of those who participated.
thank you.

Happy Easter
Happy Passover
Have a good week