[PacMasterUpdate] Pacific Masters Update November 29, 2005

pacmasterupdate at PacificMasters.org Tue Nov 29 22:01:03 EST 2005

PACIFIC MASTERS SHORT COURSE METERS CHAMPIONSHIPS
For those who noticed Marger Meyer broke the record in the 800 not the 1,500.

PACIFIC MASTERS SWIMMING ANNUAL MEETING
The Pacific Masters Swimming Committee held its annual meeting on
November 16th. Elections were held for the Executive Committee. The
results were:
Chairman: Michael Moore
Vice-chairman Admin: Barbara Thomas
Vice-chairman Operations: Barry Fasbender
Secretary: Karen Duggan
Treasurer: Jenifer Zietler
At-Large: William Grohe

SWIM FOR MALARIA - POSTPONED
The Swim for Malaria at Stanford has been postponed until January.

FINA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS MEET ENTRY BOOK
The XI FINA World Masters Championships meet book is available on line at
http://www.pacificmasters.org/fina/meetbook.pdf
The meet book is a large download at 8.1 MB. The meet book has been
printed and it will be available soon.

UPCOMING MEETS
The Reno's Winners meet will be Saturday December 3rd in Reno. The
meet starts at noon. As this is a small meet, it is best not to
schedule back to back events.
http://www.pacificmasters.org/comp/05snmscy.pdf
Pre Meet entries must be received by November 28th.

For those who are traveling:
Dixie Zone Championships are at Delta State University Aquatic
Center,Cleveland MS December 2-4.
http://www.visitclevelandms.com/index.html

Colony Masters
Colony Masters will be holding their 2005 Short Course Meters
Championship at Wheaton College, near Norton, Ma
http://greatbaymasters.org/05scmchamp.php

For those in the Gulf region there is the Jesse Coon Memorial
Invitation Swim Meet in Byron, Texas
http://www.ntmasters.org/meetinfo/2005/051203_info_mob_aerofit_jesse_coon.pdf

The Postal Pentathlon Meet is currently going on. For those who would
like to participate contact
postalpentathlon at usms.org
http://www.swimpna.org/pdf/entry_form/2005/2005_postal_pentathlon.pdf

COACH WANTED
For San Ramon Masters
(925) 833-2407

NEW YEAR REGISTRATION
It is that time again - time to re-register. The 2006 year will be a
big one for Pacific Masters Members. There will be the three annual
championships as well as the XI FINA World Championships will be held
next year at Stanford's Avery Aquatic Center. This will be a great
time to compete in great competitive conditions.

It is very important that clubs re-register, as we cannot register
members for a club UNTIL the club is registered.

For athletes that wish to change clubs without an extra cost, you can
register with a new club without waiting 60 to compete.

Forms that are available are

Individual Registration Form
http://www.pacificmasters.org/admin/06memberappform.pdf

The Club Application http://www.pacificmasters.org/admin/06clubapp.pdf

FAQs http://www.pacificmasters.org/admin/06regfaqs.pdf

Registration check list
http://www.pacificmasters.org/admin/06regchecklist.pdf

Registration instructions
http://www.pacificmasters.org/admin/06reginstruction.pdf

Have a good week

michael

OFF THE WALL
I am writing this from Santiago, Chile, the site of the 2006 South
American Championships. I am here primarily to encourage swimmers to
travel to Stanford for the XI FINA World Masters Championships. I was
able to swim in the 400M Freestyle, where I took 2nd Place. Again I
would like to thank Jim Clemmons, Tod Spieker, Jim Delacey, Jim
Miller and Jon Steiner for passing up these championships, allowing
me to get another medal.

I have been very impressed with Santiago, the people are great. I
could not ask for more help that what has been given to me at the
championships. The food is very good, the wine is wonderful and the
mountains in the background. Santiago is five hours ahead of San
Francisco.

Michael W. Moore
This is the up date for Pacific Masters Swimming. You are on this
list because either you wrote your email address on your Pacific
Masters Swimming application or you subscribed. If you wish to
unsubscribe, click on the proper header listed above.

For information about Pacific Masters Swimming, go to
http://www.pacificmasters.org

--
Michael W. Moore City College of San Francisco
IS Administrator 50 Phelan Ave