[PacMasterUpdate] Pacific Masters Update January 16, 2006

pacmasterupdate at PacificMasters.org Mon Jan 16 23:57:59 EST 2006

USMS Solicits Bids From Professional Search Firms
USMS is in the process of searching for our first Executive Director.
Our search committee is currently looking for a professional search
firm to assist us in the identification of qualified candidates. To
this end, a request for proposal has been prepared and is being
distributed to a number of firms. Professional search firms,
interested in obtaining an RFP and submitting a proposal, are
encouraged to contact Laura Winslow at mailto:WINSLOWL6 at yahoo.com . .
The deadline for proposal submission is Friday, January 20, 2006.

SCHEDULE CHANGE
The Strawberry Canyon Aquatic Masters spring meet will be on Sunday,
March 19 instead of the date mentioned in the newsletter. Please note
the day change.

SWIMMING HALL OF FAME
On the registration form there is a spot to contribute money to
three other organizations. I would hope that you would consider
giving the International Swimming Hall of Fame a few dollars. They
are a repository of many of the articles of our sport.

If you get a chance to go to Fort Lauderdale, you should take half of
a day and go to the Hall of Fame.

MASHUP
NPR had a segment on MASHUPS - tailor made cartography with Google
Maps. (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5151938)

If there are any budding cartographers there who would like to create
maps to help illustrate Pacific Masters teams or to help with the XI
FINA World Masters Championships (there are many things I think could
be best described using a map), please contact me at
webmaster at pacificmasters.org.

There is even one map of brew pubs:
http://beermapping.com/maps/pacific.html

And there is a signal strength map of the three NPR stations in the bay area:
http://www.npr.org/stations/static-map/sanfrancisco.html
(maybe this should be more for the water polo teams.)

This is an area where I could use some help.

thank you - have a good week - sorry for the extra Update.

--
michael
Michael W. Moore