[PacMasterUpdate] Pacific Masters Update May 29, 2006

pacmasterupdate at PacificMasters.org Tue May 30 01:52:44 EDT 2006

IF YOU HAVE MOVED
If you have moved and want to still receive your copy of Swimmer
Magazine, please go to the Pacific Masters On-Line Change of Address
page. Fill it out and your address will be changed and you will
continue to receive USMS Swimmer Magazine.
http://www.pacificmasters.org/admin/members/memberupdate.shtml
---------

UPCOMING MEETS
Lake Berryessa
On June 3rd, Davis Aquatic Masters hosts the 25th Annual Lake Berryessa Swim.
http://www.damfast.org
This is a great open water swim. One can swim the two mile swim and
then turn around to swim the one mile swim. After the open water
swim, an on site food service will provide the as tasty meal (extra
cost).

The Lake Berryessa swim is one of the great open water swims. The
water is fresh, the air is pristine, the course is long but has a
great view. Enjoy the swim.

XI FINA World Masters Entry Deadline is this week
The registration deadline for the FINA Worlds is 3 June 2005. You can
register online at
https://www.usms.org/comp/worlds06/entry/

This is a great place to compete against swimmers in your age group
and ability. You can swim any of the long course events if you make
the qualifying time. The 3KM open water swim will be at Crown Beach
in Alameda - water temperature is expected to be between 60-71
degrees. Swimmers can swim up to five individual events (but only two
on a day), three relays and the open water swim.

Swimmers from over 60 countries have entered the meet. Teams that
have over 20 entries include, Walnut Creek, the Olympic Club,
Stanford, Menlo Masters, USF, San Mateo Master Marlins, Mountain View
Masters, Tamalpias and Rinconada Masters.

If you can meet the qualifying times you are eligible, but you must
be a member of a swim team. You cannot swim "unattached."

SPONSORSHIP FOR THE WORLDS
Become a sponsor of the XI FINA World Masters Championships. For
additional benefits by donating to the non-profit organization
hosting the event, you will receive a sticker at registration to add
to your ID card to receive your benefits. Sponsorship levels include:

PATRON $2500
A patron will receive individual meet entry fees paid, expedited
processing at registration and check in. Preferred seating in the
Avery Aquatic Center, Entrys feel paid for all social events, an
officials logo polo shirt and hat, an official swimbag, a Speedo
Fastkin II suit and a preferred parking pass (priceless).

FRIEND SPONSOR $500
A friend sponsor will receive expedited processing, entry fees paid
for all social events and an official logo t-shirt and hat.

SEAL SPONSOR $100
A seal sponsor will receive expedited processing at registration, a
limited edition XI FINA Masters logo mascot seal and an official logo
t-shirt and hat.

The Organizing Committee hopes that you will consider become a
sponsor at one of the above levels. If you have already registered,
you can go online to add sponsorship to your registration.

LIFEGUARDS NEEDED
Stanford University needs lifeguards for the XI FINA World Masters.
If you are a lifeguard or know a lifeguard who wants to earn money
and have one of the best seats in the venue to watch great Masters
swimming. If you are interested please contact Jody Smith at
mailto:jody.smith at stanford.edu

SPORTS MEDICINE CONFERENCE
United States Masters Swimming and the Organizing Committee are
sponsoring a Sports Medicine Conference for Masters Swimmers. The
Conference will take place on the Stanford Campus on Sunday, 6
August, Monday 7 August and Wednesday 9 August.

Speakers will include Joel McCormick Stager, Ph.D.,Jim Miller, M.D.,
Jane Katz Ph.D.,and Mike Bottom.

Tickets are free to competitors. Seating is limited. You can email
for your free ticket by emailing mailto:smc at 2006finamasters.org .

LOGO'ED ITEMS OF APPAREL
Teams who are interested in special items of apparel, using the XI
FINA World Masters Championships log should contact
mailto:worldmastersproduct at speedousa.com

====
TO REPLY OR COMMENT
To reply or comment about anything in this email, please write to
mailto:update06 at pacificmasters.org
If you hit the reply key on your computer, your email may or may not
be seen in a timely manner. Use only the update06 address please.

If you are wishing to get off the list, hit the reply key, then put
Remove
in the subject line.
If you do not put Remove in the SUBJECT line, it may take weeks
before your email address is removed from the Email list.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
The World Championships will need hundreds of volunteers to help run
the meet. We will need everything from greeters, to runners to
timers. As of Sunday night, over 2400 athletes have already
registered.
You can register on line at

http://www.my-signup.com/2006FINAMasters

Anyone one can register, significant other, parents, children,
friends and cousins. Please help during the FINA World Championships
- 3 August through 17 August.

DAM CLINICS
Davis Aquatic Masters swim clinics for fitness swimmers: June 10
Butterfly and June 11 Breaststroke. Civic Pool, corner of 5th and B
St. in Davis. 1-2:30pm. Cost: $10 pre-paid, $15 on the day. Contact
DAM coach Rick Powers for more info: mailto:rpswimmer at hotmail or mail
check made out to DAM to:
Rick Powers
911 Pennsylvania Place #14
Davis, CA 95616

LONG COURSE PRACTICE
SANTA CLARA
Santa Clara Swim Club is offering 13 long course workouts each week.
During the week we offer organized/coached workouts in the morning
from 6 to 7:30 am (M-F) and in the evenings from 6:15 to 7:30 pm
(M-Th) and from 5:45 to 7:00 pm (Friday). On the weekends we offer
long course coached workouts from 9 to 10:30 am Saturday and Sunday
and 4 to 5:15 pm on Sunday. The drop-in cost is $5 or the monthly is
$40. All swimmers must be registered with USMS before they are
allowed to participate.

Besides these coached workouts, we also have lap lanes availabe
during the times posted above and alos from 5 to 6 am and 7:30 to 8
am (M-F).
John Bitter, coach

STANFORD
.I wanted to give a heads up to all registered PMS swimmers that we
offer long course swimming at nearly all of our workouts (with a few
exceptions in the evenings). Any swimmer from within PMS who would
like to join us for some long course training is welcome to do so
with no commitment by purchasing a 7 Swim Pass for $50.....the pass
never expires and is good at any of our 19 weekly workouts.

On a separate but similar note.....In addition to our regular
Saturday morning workouts, we will be hosting some "Impromptu" long
course racing every Saturday morning in the month of May (13th, 20th,
and 27th). We'll run 20 lanes long course and we'll race in 8 to 10
lanes. We'll race something like four rounds of "your choice" 50m,
100m, and 200m swims. Individuals can pick and choose what they swim.
We will not offer the 800, but can probably accommodate just about
anything else. These WILL NOT be
official swims, but just some practice racing, getting off the
blocks, and quality swimming in the competition venues for the FINA
Championships. ANYONE who is USMS registered is welcome top join us
at no charge on these days. The workouts are from 6:00 to 7:30am.
I ask that guests arrive at
about 5:50am for set-up and warm-up. We'll run as many heats
possible with some warm-up time before and recovery swimming mixed
in-between the rounds. Anyone interested in some fun, LOW KEY, racing
is welcome to join us!
Tim Edmunds, coach

---

Pacific Masters affiliate
Lands End

Pacific Masters entered into a new affiliate relationship with Lands'
End Apparel . Lands' End is a maker of fine sports apparel for the
active person.

If you click on the link to Lands' End from the Pacific Masters web
site (like the link above or the link in the navigation bar) Lands'
End will receive a rebate from your purchase

The Pacific Masters Logo'ed shirts that meet officials wear are from Lands End.

=====
Have a good week

--
michael