[PacMasterUpdate] Pacific Masters Update 6/6/6

pacmasterupdate at PacificMasters.org Wed Jun 7 01:37:56 EDT 2006

UPCOMING MEETS
Tri Valley Masters is hosting its annual ¾ and
1.5-mile swims at the beautiful Lake Del Valle in
Livermore this Saturday morning, June 10. Race
day registration and check-in are between 6:15
and 7:30 a.m. Remember to bring your USMS card to
avoid a look-up fee.

These are wonderful races for kicking off your
open water swim season, or for beginners or less
experienced open-water swimmers. The lake is
warm, clean, and has beautiful views, plus the
courses are short.

WHAT'S MORE? TVM will feed you free food after
you swim! There will be plenty of fresh bagels,
cream cheese, home-baked goods, SmartWater,
VitaminWater and even a barbecue – all free of
charge
because we know how much swimmers like to
eat!

http://www.trivalleymasters.com/EventShow.jsp?returnPage=/Home.jsp&id=901&team=tvm
Long Course Championships
cific Master Long Course Championships will be at
Santa Cruz, July 7,8 9 at the University of
California Santa Cruz. This will be a great time
to practice for the World Championships.
http://www.pacificmasters.org/comp/06cruzlcm.pdf
IF YOU HAVE MOVED
If you have moved and want to still receive your
copy of Swimmer Magazine, please go to the
Pacific Masters On-Line Change of Address page.
Fill it out and your address will be changed and
you will continue to receive USMS Swimmer
Magazine.
http://www.pacificmasters.org/admin/members/memberupdate.shtml
---------
LIFEGUARDS NEEDED
Stanford University needs lifeguards for the XI
FINA World Masters. If you are a lifeguard or
know a lifeguard who wants to earn money and have
one of the best seats in the venue to watch great
Masters swimming. If you are interested please
contact Jody Smith at
mailto:jody.smith at stanford.edu

LOGO'ED ITEMS OF APPAREL
Teams who are interested in special items of
apparel, using the XI FINA World Masters
Championships log should contact
mailto:worldmastersproduct at speedousa.com

====
TO REPLY OR COMMENT
To reply or comment about anything in this email, please write to
mailto:update06 at pacificmasters.org
If you hit the reply key on your computer, your
email may or may not be seen in a timely manner.
Use only the update06 address please.

If you are wishing to get off the list, hit the reply key, then put
Remove
in the subject line.
If you do not put Remove in the SUBJECT line, it
may take weeks before your email address is
removed from the Email list.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
The World Championships will need hundreds of
volunteers to help run the meet. We will need
everything from greeters, to runners to timers.
As of Sunday night, over 2400 athletes have
already registered.
You can register on line at

http://www.my-signup.com/2006FINAMasters

Anyone one can register, significant other,
parents, children, friends and cousins. Please
help during the FINA World Championships - 3
August through 17 August.

DAM CLINICS
Davis Aquatic Masters swim clinics for fitness
swimmers: June 10 Butterfly and June 11
Breaststroke. Civic Pool, corner of 5th and B St.
in Davis. 1-2:30pm. Cost: $10 pre-paid, $15 on
the day. Contact DAM coach Rick Powers for more
info: mailto:rpswimmer at hotmail or mail check made
out to DAM to:
Rick Powers
911 Pennsylvania Place #14
Davis, CA 95616

LONG COURSE PRACTICE
SANTA CLARA
Santa Clara Swim Club is offering 13 long course
workouts each week. During the week we offer
organized/coached workouts in the morning from 6
to 7:30 am (M-F) and in the evenings from 6:15 to
7:30 pm (M-Th) and from 5:45 to 7:00 pm (Friday).
On the weekends we offer long course coached
workouts from 9 to 10:30 am Saturday and Sunday
and 4 to 5:15 pm on Sunday. The drop-in cost is
$5 or the monthly is $40. All swimmers must be
registered with USMS before they are allowed to
participate.

Besides these coached workouts, we also have lap
lanes availabe during the times posted above and
alos from 5 to 6 am and 7:30 to 8 am (M-F).
John Bitter, coach

STANFORD
.I wanted to give a heads up to all registered
PMS swimmers that we offer long course swimming
at nearly all of our workouts (with a few
exceptions in the evenings). Any swimmer from
within PMS who would like to join us for some
long course training is welcome to do so with no
commitment by purchasing a 7 Swim Pass for
$50.....the pass never expires and is good at any
of our 19 weekly workouts.

On a separate but similar note.....In addition to
our regular Saturday morning workouts, we will be
hosting some "Impromptu" long course racing every
Saturday morning in the month of May (13th, 20th,
and 27th). We'll run 20 lanes long course and
we'll race in 8 to 10 lanes. We'll race
something like four rounds of "your choice" 50m,
100m, and 200m swims. Individuals can pick and
choose what they swim. We will not offer the
800, but can probably accommodate just about
anything else. These WILL NOT be
official swims, but just some practice racing,
getting off the blocks, and quality swimming in
the competition venues for the FINA
Championships. ANYONE who is USMS registered is
welcome top join us at no charge on these days.
The workouts are from 6:00 to 7:30am. I ask
that guests arrive at
about 5:50am for set-up and warm-up. We'll run
as many heats possible with some warm-up time
before and recovery swimming mixed in-between the
rounds. Anyone interested in some fun, LOW KEY,
racing is welcome to join us!
Tim Edmunds, coach

NORTH BAY SWIMMERS TRAINING FOR FINA

Looking for a 50 meter pool to train in? Long
course is available at the Petaluma Swim Center
Tuesday and Thursday evenings and on week-end
mornings. You can check the hours at the city
website at
<http://cityofpetaluma.net/parksnrec/pet-swim.html><http://cityofpetaluma.net/parksnrec/pet-swim.html>
or call 707-778-4410. The Swim Center is located
just west of Highway 101 at Washington.
Carol Eber

---

Pacific Masters affiliate
Lands End

Pacific Masters entered into a new affiliate
relationship with Lands' End Apparel . Lands' End
is a maker of fine sports apparel for the active
person.

If you click on the link to Lands' End from the
Pacific Masters web site (like the link above or
the link in the navigation bar) Lands' End will
receive a rebate from your purchase

The Pacific Masters Logo'ed shirts that meet officials wear are from Lands End.

=====
Have a good week

--
michael