[PacMasterUpdate] Update 25 July 2006

pacmasterupdate at PacificMasters.org Wed Jul 26 01:53:56 EDT 2006

UPCOMING MEET
Santa Cruz has the Santa Cruz Pier Swim and the Cruz Cruise this
weekend. You can deck enter this meet. The Cruz Cruise is a two mile
ocean swim. The pier swim is a little shorter.

With all the heat this week, the ocean should be a little warmer.

DONNER LAKE
The Donner Lake Open Water Swim will be on Saturday August 12th. This
is a 2.7 mile straight swim on Donner Lake. With the recent heat
wave, the water should be warmer than usual.

----

======
Lifeguards needed

Stanford is looking for lifeguards to work the FINA World Masters
Championships at Stanford's Avery Aquatic Center.

We need lifeguards to fill shifts from Aug. 1st through Aug. 17th. In
order to work the event you will need to attend one of our
orientation sessions prior to your first shift.

The orientation sessions will be held at the venue, Stanford
University's Avery Aquatic Center. During the sessions you will learn
about our facility and procedures, fill out the appropriate
employment documents and sign-up for event shifts.

Orientation Sessions Dates & Times:

Wednesday, July 26th at 6pm, Avery Aquatic Center
Tuesday, August 1st at 6pm, Avery Aquatic Center

E-mail jody.smith at stanford.edu and let her know which session you
want to attend.

Please bring the following materials to the Orientation Session:
Your valid Lifeguard Training & First Aid Card, CPR Card, AED
Essentials Card (if you have it)
Your passport OR Drivers License & Social Security Card OR Drivers
License & Original Birth Certificate

Jody Smith
Avery Aquatic Center Manager
jody.smith at stanford.edu
===

Thank you to all who signed up to work at worlds. I realize that many
swimmers just want to relax during their break, but this is a great
time to sit in the shade and watch the meet. We still need timers -
lots of timers. Thanks to all who have volunteered. We still need
many more. (For volunteers, the parking is free the day you work)

have a good week.

michael