[PacMasterUpdate] 10 May 2007 New USMS Executive Director

Update on Pacific Masters Swimming sent to members and friends. Thu May 10 10:05:40 EDT 2007

From United States Masters Swimming

TODD SMITH NAMES EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF USMS

LONDONDERRY, NH - Todd Smith has been named the Executive Director of
United States Masters Swimming (USMS), president Rob Copeland
announced today. Smith comes to USMS from USA Diving, Inc., where he
was executive director and CEO for the past 25 years.

"We are delighted to have Todd join USMS as our first executive
director," Copeland said. "Todd brings a wealth of experience and
passion to Masters swimming."

While at US Diving, Smith developed and implemented USA Diving's
strategic plan, which included creation of an online membership and
event registration,. Smith directed the national office and oversaw
all business operations-including finance, budget, compliance, human
resources, public relations and general administration.

"I am honored to serve as the first executive director of United
States Masters Swimming," Smith said. "USMS is an amazing
organization of over 42,000 goal-oriented members passionately
dedicated to improving their fitness through swimming. It is the
gold-standard when it comes to adult programs which promote healthy
lifestyles, friendship, and camaraderie."

"Todd's experience as executive director of USA Diving will be a
tremendous asset in clarifying the future of Masters swimming. I
look forward to working with Todd to provide new and improved
programs and services to our members, volunteer leadership teams and
staff," Copeland said.

USMS is the national governing body of Masters Swimming. Pacific
Masters is one of 53 local masters committees in the United States.

--
michael w. moore
michael at mwmoore.org