[PacMasterUpdate] Pacific Masters Update 17July 2007

Update on Pacific Masters Swimming sent to members and friends. Wed Jul 18 01:38:00 EDT 2007

IF YOU HAVE MOVED
If you have moved and want to still receive your copy of Swimmer
Magazine, please go to the Pacific Masters On-Line Change of Address
page. Fill it out and your address will be changed and you will
continue to receive USMS Swimmer Magazine.
http://www.pacificmasters.org/admin/members/memberupdate.shtml

PACIFIC MASTERS MONTHLY MEETING
The July Pacific Masters Monthly meeting will be Wednesday July 18th
at Heather Farms, Walnut Creek. All members are invited to attend.

SANTA CRUZ ROUGH WATER SWIM
The 34th Annual Rough Water Swim will be on Saturday 4 August at the
Santa Clara beach. The race starts at at Lifeguard tower #1 at 11:00
am. On site registration begins at 9:30. Pre entry deadline is 23 July

The Cruz Cruise
The Cruz Cruise - the 2 Mile Open Water Swim will take place on
Sunday 5 August. The pre race registration deadline is 28 July
(received by). On site registration will be taken.
http://www.pacificmasters.org/comp/07cruzcruise.pdf

-----

TO REPLY OR COMMENT Or Remove
To reply or comment about anything in this email, please write to
mailto:update06 at pacificmasters.org

If you hit the reply key on your computer, your email may or may not
be seen in a timely manner. Use only the update06 address please.

If you are wishing to get off the list, mail to
mailto:pacmasterupdate at six.pairlist.net, then put
Remove
in the subject line.
If you do not put Remove in the SUBJECT line, it may take weeks
before your email address is removed from the Email list.

====
Have a good week
michael

BEST EXCUSE HEARD AT CHAMPIONSHIPS
You swim the butterfly leg of the 4x100 medley relay. I would swim it
except I had a heart attack three years ago.

BEING BORED IN A HOSPITAL EXAM ROOM
Last Friday I had a scheduled exam. I had not eaten anything in 36
hours. I was hooked up to an EKG and was waiting in an exam room. I
looked at the heart monitor and noticed that if the heart rate went
below 50, it would set off the alarm. hmmmmm

I wonder if I could relax and set the alarm off by getting the heart
rate down a couple of beats.

51

50

49

48 alarm goes off - no one comes in

just relax and heart rate at 48 - 49. alarms keeps ringing.

After a couple of minutes a nurse comes in. I tell her that the
alarm should be set a little lower. I swim a lot and have a low
heart rate. (we then spoke about swimming - tried to get her
interested in Masters Swimming.) Ah the things we do when we are
bored.
--
michael w. moore
michael at mwmoore.org