[PacMasterUpdate] Pacific Masters Update 26 August 2007

Update on Pacific Masters Swimming sent to members and friends. Mon Aug 27 01:26:48 EDT 2007

IF YOU HAVE MOVED
If you have moved and want to still receive your copy of Swimmer
Magazine, please go to the Pacific Masters On-Line Change of Address
page. Fill it out and your address will be changed and you will
continue to receive USMS Swimmer Magazine.
http://www.pacificmasters.org/admin/members/memberupdate.shtml

MODESTO AQUATIC CLUB SUMMER SCM
The Modesto Aquatic Club will had its first short course meters
Masters meet. It was a great deal of fun. thanks to Kurt Olsen and
Modesto Masters for putting on the meet.
http://www.pacificmasters.org/comp/results.shtml

WHISKEYTOWN OPEN WATER MEET
Whiskeytown open water meet has its one and two mile open water meet
on Sunday, September 9th. This is the second to last meet in the open
water points championships.

ALAN LIU MEMORIAL SCM MEET
The 4th Annual Alan Liu Memoial meet will be held September 16th at
Eagle Pool in Mountain View.
http://www.pacificmasters.org/comp/07mvmscmV3.pdf

FOLSOM LAKE SWIM
The last open water swim of the year is the Folsom Lake One and Two
Mile swim on 29 September.

33RD SACRAMENTO SPRINT PENTATHLON
The 33rd Sacramento Spring Pentathlon will be held on Sunday 30
September. The meet is held in Davis.
http://www.pacificmasters.org/comp/07sacscm.pdf

LIVERMORE SCY MEET
The first Livermore Short Course Yards meet will be 14 October. This
is the first meet sponsored by Livermore Aquatic Club.
http://www.pacificmasters.org/comp/07larpdscy.pdf

PACIFIC MASTERS SHORT COURSE METERS CHAMPIONSHIPS
The Pacific Masters Short Course Meter Championships will be held
19-21 October at the Clarke Swim Center, Heather Farms, Walnut Creek.
Distance events are Friday.

Davis Aquatic Masters Fall Stroke Clinics for novice swimmers.
Sat. Sept. 22 Freestyle, Sun. 9/23 Backstroke, Sat. 9/29 Butterfly,
Sat. 10/6 Breaststroke.
Location: Civic pool at the corner of 5th and B St. in Davis. Cost is
$10 prepaid, $15 on the day.
Time 1-2:30 pm. For details contact Coach Rick Powers, rpswimmer at hotmail.com
Clinics include video introduction, stroke theory, in water drills
and stroke correction from DAM staff

USMS CONVENTION
The United States Masters Swimming annual convention will held at
Anaheim at the end of September. Pacific has one delegate spot open
for the convention. If you are interested in representing Pacific at
the national convention or interested in learning more about what it
takes to be a delegate, please contact Nancy Ridout at
mailto:registrar at pacificmasters.org .

PACIFIC MASTERS CHAMPIONSHIPS 2008
Bids are due in for clubs that are interested in organizing the
Pacific Masters pool championships. Pacific Masters has short course
yards (spring), Long course meters (summer - usually July) and short
course meters (fall - usually October). If your club is interested in
organizing a championship meet, please contact Marcia Benjamin
msbenjamin at earthlink.net

TO REPLY OR COMMENT Or Remove
To reply or comment about anything in this email, please write to
mailto:update06 at pacificmasters.org

If you hit the reply key on your computer, your email may or may not
be seen in a timely manner. Use only the update06 address please.

If you are wishing to get off the list, mail to
mailto:pacmasterupdate at six.pairlist.net, then put
Remove
in the subject line.
If you do not put Remove in the SUBJECT line, it may take weeks
before your email address is removed from the Email list.

====
Have a good week
michael

Sidelines:
I would like to thank Jim Clemmons and everyone else in my age group
for having something else to do last weekend. I scored my first first
in a Pacific Masters Swim meet (it only took me 23 year to get a
first - tough competition).

Sorry for taking so long for somethings to get posted- it has been
very busy few weeks.

--

CONGRATULATIONS TO PACIFIC MASTERS SWIMMING MEDAL WINNERS
Congratulation all the Pacific Masters who medaled at the 2007 United

FOG Fog City Masters

Carse, Michael R M28 387N-03B5X

50 Breast 37.16 2

100 Breast 1:25.05 3