[PacMasterUpdate] The Update Presidents Da

Update on Pacific Masters Swimming sent to members and friends. Mon Feb 16 21:37:42 EST 2009

PACIFIC MASTERS MISSION STATEMENT:
As adopted by the Pacific Masters Committee the Mission of Pacific
Masters is:

Pacific Masters Swimming welcomes anyone who would like to gain and
maintain fitness through swimming and encourages programs to foster
this mission.

--------
SHEILA TAROMINA TO SPEAK
Sheila Taromina who has competed in four different Olympiads in three
different sports will speak on Saturday 2/21 at 3-6 pm. She be
talking about her experiences, her training methodologies (especially
for the not-so-young multisport athlete) and some of her ways of
coping with the obstacles that life throws in the way. Coach Chris
Campbell owes me a specific title that I can put in the
announcements. Admission is free. She will be speaking att he
Mountain View Senior Center, 266 Esculea Av, Mountain View. Admission
is free to members of US Masters Swimming and USA Triathlon and their
guests.

FIRST BEAR DONT HIBERNATE MEET
The first Bear dont Hibernate Meet will be held Contra Costa College
Swimming Pool in San Pablo. There are 33 events to pick and choose
from. You can still register on line at:

https://www.ClubAssistant.com/club/meet_information.cfm?c=1192&smid=1567

RINCONADA MASTERS SPRING SHORT COURSE MEET
The Rinconada Masters Spring Short Course meet will be held Saturday
March 14th at the Rinconada Pool in Palo Also. the first event is the
1000 free, which you must pre enter. The preentery deadline is 4 March
2009. The class of the events is the 1650 butterfly - entry free for
this one. - one heat only.
http://www.pacificmasters.org/comp/09rincscy.pdf

You can enter online at
rinc.mastersswim.com

COACHES WHO WANT TO GET ASCA CREDIT
Coaches in the process of going through the ASCA (American Swim
Coaches Association) accreditation program, ASCA will credit 10 points
towards the=
ir credential if they wish to observe the Walnut Creek Masters
Intensive Training Camp and sit in on the stroke schools, workouts,
and lectures, video analysis sessions during the camp. The date of the
Camp is March 6-8. Those interested should contact Kerry O'Brien at swim4wc at netscape.net
for further information.

PACIFIC MASTERS MONTHLY MEETING
The Pacific Masters Swimming Monthly meeting will be a phone meeting.
If you would like to call to attend, write to me at chairman at pacificmasters.org
and I will send you the phone number and log in code.

PACIFIC MASTERS OFFICE SHORT STAFF UNTIL FRIDAY
The Pacific Masters swimming will be short staffed until Friday.

INDIVIDUAL RENEWAL
You can now renew your membership for 2009. You can register on line,
it is very easy, just go to:
https://www.ClubAssistant.com/club/USMS.cfm?l=38
and start filling out the forms. If you are a member of the clubs
listed below you can register with your club.

For those who do no want to register on-line, Pacific Masters still
has a paper registration form to send to Nancy.

http://www.pacificmasters.org/admin/09memberapp.pdf

TO REPLY OR COMMENT Or Remove
To reply or comment about anything in this email, please write to
mailto:update06 at pacificmasters.org
DO NOT use the above address to remove your address

If you hit the reply key on your computer, your email may or may not
be seen in a timely manner. Use only the update06 address please.

If you are wishing to get off the list, mail to
mailto:pacmasterupdate at six.pairlist.net, then put
Remove
in the subject line.

michael

OFF THE WALL
OK I have not been traveling much recently so in the past ten days, I
went to a Board of Directors meeting in Dallas, last week fly to
Seattle for a bank conference and then last Thursday flew to
Washington DC to visit our nations capital.

It has been a great but hectic trip. I have seen the US Capitol, the
Surpreme Court, the Postal Musuem and Union Station - and that was the
first day.

Today, I was in Alexandria to walk around Olde Towne and see the
Washington's Birthday parade. The parade was great. It was a typical
small town parade. Every politician was there marching in the parade.
There were bands, horses, Vetrians of Foreign Wars and at the end were
troops of brownies, girl scouts, cub and boy scouts.

The weather was cold and I think now I will take a shower just to warm
up.

Thanks to everyone who has remared about the shoulder stories.

-michael
Arlinton, VA