[PacMasterUpdate] a mistake

Update on Pacific Masters Swimming sent to members and friends. Mon Jun 8 23:04:31 EDT 2009

PACIFIC MASTERS MISSION STATEMENT:
As adopted by the Pacific Masters Committee the Mission of Pacific Masters is:

Pacific Masters Swimming welcomes anyone who would like to gain and
maintain fitness through swimming and encourages programs to foster
this mission.

I made a mistake when putting together the Update yesterday. I
accidently combined two reports. I regret any problems or
embarrassment this may have caused for either Ken or Regina and wish
them a speedy recovery.

-michael

KEN SHILLING
(From Stanford) At Stanfords June 1, Noon workout Ken Shilling (1:20
lane) experienced a heart attack and was taken to Stanford Hospital.
Obviously the situation was startling and quite scary for everyone.
The wonderful news is that Ken is doing well. Expert diagnosis and
care at Stanford Hospital led to a procedure that placed 5 stents
around his heart to open several blockages due to Advanced Coronary
Artery Disease.

Later in the week Ken wrote:
I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers the past few
days. I am doing very well and will be discharged shortly. Looks like
very little heart damage, if any, largely due to the quickness I
received CPR.
I would like to give special thanks to those that pulled me out of
the water and those helping give CPR -words can't express my
gratitude. Special thanks to Ryan, Brian, Rick, Ricky, Steve and Matt
(sorry if I left anyone out, but I have no memory). It will be a
while before I am back, so I will miss you all.
Ken

From Regina Brittingham
I had a "Pulmonary Function" test in the morning and I far exceeded
their expectations. The Surgeon stated that it was the best function
test that he had ever seen. Then we met again with the Dr. (surgeon).
He was very positive and confident and stated that he could "treat"
me with the current two options that he has in mind. What he would
like to do (I don't know what it's called) is go through my lower
left rib cage, put a camera in there, do a few lymph node biopsies
and then remove the melanoma. he feels that to get a good "margin" he
needs to remove a small portion of the left upper lung lobe. He feels
that this will have little impact on my breathing as the portion
being taken is so small. A lot will depend on how close/attached the
mass is to my Pulmonary Artery. If he is unable to proceed then he
will stop and wait till I heal (In around 6 weeks I think. Then he
would plan to shrink the mass (interferon, chemo or radiation) and
then remove I think a portion of my Pulmonary Artery. Again, he
stated he was very confident in his ability to do this as he has done
many similar surgeries. The EKG came out good.
My Pre-Op is scheduled at 9:40am on Thursday, June 11th and the
operation is scheduled to begin at 11:40am. It is anticipated that
the surgery will take 3 hours (give and take) and the recovery around
2 hours, so a total (with pre-op) of 7 hours.
Would love to hear from you as your prayers and support are very meaningful.
Regina

TO REPLY OR COMMENT Or Remove
To reply or comment about anything in this email, please write to
mailto:update06 at pacificmasters.org
DO NOT use the above address to remove your address

If you hit the reply key on your computer, your email may or may not
be seen in a timely manner. Use only the update06 address please.

If you are wishing to get off the list, mail to
mailto:pacmasterupdate at six.pairlist.net, then put
Remove
in the subject line. i try to keep track of everyone who wants to
get off the email list -they go on a separate list, so that when we
add to next year, we try to keep people who want to be off the list
off the list. Sending emails to other than pacmasterupdate will not
keep our want to keep of the list list current.

michael
--
michael w. moore
michael at pacificmasters.org