[PacMasterUpdate] Pacific Masters Update, October 26, 2003

pacmasterupdate-admin at PacificMasters.org Mon Oct 27 00:43:01 EST 2003

GRAPHIC ARTIST NEEDED
Pacific Masters is working with United States Masters Swimming to
produce a bid for the 2006 XI FINA Masters World Championships. The
bid  speaks about swimming in Northern California and the ability of
Pacific Masters to put on a major swimming event in northern
California. It will also cover many of the technical details of
putting on a meet. We would like to have a look that is clean and can
graphically convey a message from an organization that will integrate
the five disciplines of FINA aquatics and the ability to put on the
meet.

A graphic artist is needed to produce the basic model that the local
organizing committee can use to put its data. Time is of the essence
as the bid has to be submitted to USMS by December 1st. If you have
some time over the next few weeks to volunteer to give our bid an
integrated professional look please contact Michael Moore at
michael at pacificmasters.org

RESULTS OF 5K AND 10K CHAMPIONSHIPS
The results of the USMS 5k and 10K postal championships have been posted.
	http://www.usms.org/longdist/ldnats03/5k10kresults.pdf

3K and 6K YARDS
The 3K and 6K Postal yards event will close this Friday. If you want
to swim in these postal events you will have to swim it in the next
five days.
	http://www.usms.org/longdist/

COACHES COMMITTEE ANNOUNCES SCHOLARSHIPS FOR '04 CLINIC - Change of date
Please note there has been a CHANGE on the dates. the Pacific Coaches
Clinic will be on the 9th, 10th and 11th of January 2004
The Pacific Masters Coaches Committee announces the annual Pacific
Coaches Clinic Masters Coaches Scholarship program.  The Annual
Pacific Coaches Clinic will be held at the Napa Marriott Hotel, on
the Friday Jan 9, Saturday Jan 10, and Sunday Jan 11, 2004.  The
Pacific Masters Coaches Committee will produce a Masters Coaching
Track on Saturday afternoon.  The PMS Coaches will also offer a
scholarship for one half the registration fee to any Masters Coach
working with a registered PMS Team.  Send your request for
scholarships to Pacific masters Coaches Co Chair Brian
Stack(brianstack at sbcglobal.net).  Look for clinic schedule updates on
the PMS e-mail updates.

BECOME A DECK OFFICIAL
On Thursday, November 13th we will be having another clinic.  This
time it will be at the Sierra Nevada Brewery auditorium. We will
begin the evening, if you can get there for dinner, at the
restaurant.  We have the auditorium reserved from 6:00 PM until 9:00
PM.  We should be finished with dinner by 6:15 PM, so the clinic will
start at 6:30 PM.

The address for Sierra Nevada Brewery is:
     1075 East 20th Street
     Chico, Ca

- Nov.8, 2003 Saturday
Location:  H Pool Rohnert Park, CA
Time: 9am-1pm
Type:  New Stroke and Turn Session 2 and
Recertification Stroke and Turn, Starter, and Referee
More Info; Lynn Graham 707-528-8710 kgraham386 at worldnet.att.net Susi
Jackson 707-745-6132 jackson4 at llnl.gov

Have a good week

michael