[PacMasterUpdate] Pacific Masters Update, November 2, 2003

pacmasterupdate-admin at PacificMasters.org Sun Nov 2 23:28:24 EST 2003

SWIM MAGAZINE
Congratulations to Suzanne Heim-Bowen for making the cover of Swim
Magazine. The article recognizes the results she achieved at the USMS
Long Course Nationals.

Swim Magazine also had an article about the IGLA Championships held
at Stanford University last August.

FITNESS ARTICLE
The November Article of the Month is is on Periodization by Sara Quan.
	http://www.usms.org/fitness/articleofthemonth.php?a=24
Now it is time to think about your swimming plans for the next year.

TIME TO RENEW FOR 2004
Its hard to believe that we have almost completed another circle
around the sun. It is time to renew your Pacific Masters/United
States Masters Swimming membership. When you renew you will continue
your subscription to Swim Magazine, continue to receive your Pacific
Masters Swimming newsletter and you have the privilege of
participating in any Pac Masters and USMS sanctioned postal, pool,
open water event or clinic. Your membership fee also pays for a
central Pacific Masters Office to answer any of your swimming
questions, toll free access to the USMS National Office
(800-550-SWIM), It also pays for the Pacific Master website. Your
early renewal will help.
	http://www.pacificmasters.org/admin/04Indivappl.pdf

QUESTION ABOUT NON-PROGRAM REVENUE FOR A NON-PROFIT
Pacific Masters has a questions about non-program revenue and how to
account for it. If you are an accountant familiar with non-profits
and can spare a couple of minutes, we have a quick question for you.
Please contact michael at pacificmasters.org.

COACHES COMMITTEE ANNOUNCES SCHOLARSHIPS FOR '04 CLINIC - Change of date
Please note there has been a CHANGE on the dates. the Pacific Coaches
Clinic will be on the 9th, 10th and 11th of January 2004
The Pacific Masters Coaches Committee announces the annual Pacific
Coaches Clinic Masters Coaches Scholarship program.  The Annual
Pacific Coaches Clinic will be held at the Napa Marriott Hotel, on
the Friday Jan 9, Saturday Jan 10, and Sunday Jan 11, 2004.  The
Pacific Masters Coaches Committee will produce a Masters Coaching
Track on Saturday afternoon.  The PMS Coaches will also offer a
scholarship for one half the registration fee to any Masters Coach
working with a registered PMS Team.  Send your request for
scholarships to Pacific masters Coaches Co Chair Brian
Stack(brianstack at sbcglobal.net).  Look for clinic schedule updates on
the PMS e-mail updates.

BECOME A DECK OFFICIAL

On Thursday, November 6th from 6:00-8:00 p.m. we will be at the Laguna Creek
Racquet Club for a Stroke and Turn Clinic.

You can come to renew your certification at this clinic or come to
the clinic for the first time, as a trainee.

Contact person is Jeff Float at:  <jefloat at comcast.net>
Home (916) 483-1133  Cell at 916-217-7149.
====
On Thursday, November 13th we will be having another clinic.  This
time it will be at the Sierra Nevada Brewery auditorium. We will
begin the evening, if you can get there for dinner, at the
restaurant.  We have the auditorium reserved from 6:00 PM until 9:00
PM.  We should be finished with dinner by 6:15 PM, so the clinic will
start at 6:30 PM.

The address for Sierra Nevada Brewery is:
     1075 East 20th Street
     Chico, Ca
=====
- Nov.8, 2003 Saturday
Location:  H Pool Rohnert Park, CA
Time: 9am-1pm
Type:  New Stroke and Turn Session 2 and
Recertification Stroke and Turn, Starter, and Referee
More Info; Lynn Graham 707-528-8710 kgraham386 at worldnet.att.net Susi
Jackson 707-745-6132 jackson4 at llnl.gov

======
Here is the first reminder that we are planning to hold a stroke and
turn clinic at the Folsom Pool on Saturday, November 22, after the
Saturday portion of the Sierra Marlin meet. We plan on starting at
4:00 PM. We will have a meeting room and TV/VCR.

Come to renew your USA Swimming certification or become a member of
USA Swimming for the first time. You will be able to start your
training sessions the next day at the Sierra Marlins meet.

Directions:

Folsom Aquatic Complex, Lembi Park.

 From Highway 50, take Prairie City Road exit.  Go north about 1 mile
to Blue Ravine Road.  Turn right on Blue Ravine.  Turn left on Riley
Street (app 3/4 mile).  Aquatic Center is on the left in a large
regional park.  Turn left directly across the street from Raley's
Shopping Center.

 From I-80, go east on Greenback Lane.  When Greenback Lane ends at
Madison Avenue, turn left.  Stay in the right lane for thur traffic.
Keep going straight over the Rainbow Bridge (about 6 miles from the
freeway).  Stay to the left at the second light after the bridge and
go up the short hill into
old towm Folsom.  This will be Riley Street.  Continue on Riley
Street about a mile.  Aquatic Center is on the right, directly across
the street from Raley's Shopping Center.

The contact person is Jeff Adkins at:  <adkinsfamily at surewest.net>
Home (916) 791-6178

Have a good week

michael