[PacMasterUpdate] Pacific Masters Update, June 27, 2004

pacmasterupdate at PacificMasters.org Mon Jun 28 01:37:54 EDT 2004

LONG COURSE CHAMPIONSHIPS
The Pacific Masters Long Course Championships will be at UC Santa
Cruz. You can enter on line by going to
http://cruz.swimmeetentries.com.   It looks like you need a PC to
enter (I will have to ask them to expand to Macintosh).  Mail in
entry deadline is Saturday June 26th and they have to be received by
June 30. On-line entry deadline is June 30.

USMS LONG COURSE CHAMPIONSHIPS
he USMS 2004 Long Course Championships will be held in Savannah,
Georgia. All U.S. entries must be postmarked with official  US
postmark (no business meters) by July 1, 2004, OR received  by July
8, 2004. Entries received after this date will be returned  to
sender. Online entries are encouraged and will be accepted  until
11:59 pm EDT on July 8, 2004.

RESULTS
Results for the TriValley Lake Delle Valle have been posted.
	http://www.pacificmasters.org/comp/results.shtml

HELP NEEDED - TYPING -World Championships
At the recent X FINA Masters World Championships, the Local
Organizing Committee had a booth there to talk about the XI FINA
Masters World Championships. We had pictures there, and information
about Stanford and Northern California.

If the swimmers, were interested we asked them to fill out a card,
asking them for their name, address,and e-mail address. We we got
cards that when stacked on top of each other, was 18 inches high
(most of the cards have name on both sides.

Now we have to put all that information in a computer files.We need
YOUR help. We need you to type names into an Excel file. We would
give you about 1.5 to 2.5 inches of cards. It might take about an
hour or two to type the names, and addresses.

If you can help, please email Laura Collette at
laura at 2006FINAMasters.org She would love to give you some names to
type in.

JULY AUGUST NEWSLETTER
  The Pacific Masters July  August Newsletter  is posted on the
Pacific Masters website. In the newsletter  is information about all
the meets in July and August.

2004 USA SWIMMING CONOCOPHILLIPS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE COMING TO STANFORD
The 2004 USA Swimming ConocoPhillips National Championships will be
held at Stanford University's Avery Aquatic Center, August 3-7th,
2004. Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics, Stanford Masters and Pacific
Swimming are proud to bring the National Championships to Northern
California for the first time in over twenty years. Get your tickets
to be inspired by the exciting competition and to welcome the elite
athletes and coaches to our swimming community. Tickets can be
purchased at 1-800-STANFORD. Tickets for Prelims are $3-Youth/Senior
and $5-Adult. Tickets for Finals are $6-Youth/Senior and $8-Adult.
All Sessions passes are also available for the meet. For more
information visit
	http://www.2004swimnationals.org

This is really a chance to see great swimming in Northern California.
If you have a few extra dollars, buy a pass and see trials and
finals. If you cant make it for trials, take off a few minutes early
and see finals.

RULES CHANGE ON PACING
Effective June 5, 2004, USA Swimming amended their rules in order to
align them with FINA with respect to the use of equipment that can
convey pacing information to a competitor.  The change is in response
to the availability of individual radio receivers that can transmit
information to a swimmer from a coach or other person.

USMS will follow the interpretation of USA Swimming that indicates
that pacing devices including tempo training devices and radio
transmitters that allow instructions to be passed to the swimmer are
forbidden.

OLYMPIC TRIALS TICKETS
Barbara Crowde Needs 2 more tickets for my family members to watch my son swim!
BUY/ SELL/ TRADE WANTED:  2 GOLD TICKETS for Sunday, July 11th .
Willing to buy or trade tickets for Wednesday, July 7th or Wednesday,
July 14th. Call: 408-353-8084  Email: crowswim at aol.com
---------
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE
How to unsubscribe reply to PacMasterUpdate at PacificMasters.org. We
have a volunteer who has been taking care of people who unsubscribe
by emailing the above address. If  you sent a request to unsubscribe,
it will get done. (be sure to put in the subject line "UNSUBSCRIBE")
--------

Have a good week

michael
--