[PacMasterUpdate] Pacific Masters Update June 27, 2006

pacmasterupdate at PacificMasters.org Mon Jul 3 09:47:35 EDT 2006

FINA WORLDS PSYCH SHEETS POSTED
Psych Sheets for the swimming events of the XI FINA World Masters
Championships are posted. Please note that we have not finished
inputting swimmers into our data base, so there will be a few more
entries to be made.
http://www.2006finamasters.org/v2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=106&Itemid=106

Please review your times and events. If you submitted a paper entry
and we made a mistake, please let us know and we will corect the
mistake. If you made a mistake in inputting your events or times in
the on line entry, you will have to swim that event and time.

If there is an error with the spelling of your name or if you have
your family name and given name reversed, let us know, we will
correct it. If there is an error about your age, let us know. Send
your changes to info at 2006finamasters.org .

We will make changes and they will be posted by 14 July.

UPCOMING MEETS LONG COURSE CHAMPIONSHIPS FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
Pacific Master Long Course Championships will be at Santa Cruz, July
7,8, and 9 at the University of California Santa Cruz.

OPEN WATER CHAMPIONSHIPS
The Pacific Masters Open Water Championships have been moved from
Lake Sonoma to a one mile course at the Russian River near
Healdsburg. The race will take place from Memorial Beach in
Healdsburg on Saturday, July 15th, 2006. You can register online
You can also register on the day of the meet.

MASTERS INDUCTED INTO THE SWIMMING HALL OF FAME
The International Masters Swimming Hall of Fame will be inducting its
new class in inductees. The new class includes swimmers Drury
Gallagher, Katherine Pelton, Walter Pfeiffer , Rita Simonton ,
William Specht and Lavelle Stoinoff. Induction will take place on
Friday, the fourth of August at 6:00 in the evening for a Welcome
Reception and 7:00 for Dinner and the Induction Ceremony.

Everyone is welcome to attend. Information about the Ceremony is at
http://ishof.org/
The reception, dinner and ceremony is $100.00. All Pacific Masters
Swimmers are encourage to attend.

POWER BOAT OWNERS
Attention all boat-owning PMS members! We need your help to make the
FINA August 12 Alcatraz swim a safe and enjoyable event.

If you have a power boat between 15 and 25 feet in length (Rigid
Inflatable, Boston Whaler, etc., sorry no sail boats) and would like
to volunteer to pilot the swim, please contact Swim Director, Gary
Emich, at 650.359.3773 or email him at
<mailto:SFBaySwimmer at sbcglobal.net>SFBaySwimmer at sbcglobal.net.

Primary responsibilities are to form a protective flank around the
swimmers and keep an eye out for non-event boat traffic. Water
conditions in the Bay may be choppy and in the event of an emergency
you may need to pull swimmers from the water - no novice pilots
please - experienced only.

The more pilots the safer the swim. Come on out and enjoy a morning
on the Bay."

Have a good week
michael
--