[PacMasterUpdate] The Update 19 March 2009 - One Suit

Update on Pacific Masters Swimming sent to members and friends. Thu Mar 19 23:20:42 EDT 2009

PACIFIC MASTERS MISSION STATEMENT:
As adopted by the Pacific Masters Committee the Mission of Pacific Masters is:

Pacific Masters Swimming welcomes anyone who would like to gain and
maintain fitness through swimming and encourages programs to foster
this mission.

ONE SUIT RULE Policy Statement

There have recently been a number of questions regarding the use of
two swimsuits during
competition. Although the USA Swimming Rules & Regulations do not
specifically address
this, FINA has interpreted its General Rule GR 5.3 to allow the use
of only one swimsuit during
competition.

Our Rules & Regulations require that USA Swimming's technical
swimming rules conform to
those of FINA. In order for our interpretation to conform to that
used by FINA, the following
interpretation is being made, effective immediately.

For purposes of Article 102.9 of the USA Swimming Rules &
Regulations, Swimwear, the use of
more than one swimsuit at a time during any USA Swimming sanctioned or approved
competition is prohibited.

Masters swimming follows USA Swimming unless specifically rejected.
We will be following this rule, unless we hear differently from the
US Masters Swimming Rules Committee

michael
--
michael w. moore